Re: ASN1 (DER) key does not work

From: Seshubabu Pasam <pasam_at_seshubabu.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:40:10 -0700

>>> a.) To try SSL_CTX_use_RSAPrivateKey_file function and see if it
>>> works with both PEM and DER encoded private keys.
>
> This will drop the support for all other (not RSA) key types...

That is true. We might not be able to use DSA. Out of curiosity, does
anyone use non-RSA stuff ...?

>>> b.) Remove support for DER from curl, since it looks like it was
>>> never tested.
>
> Or disable it until it is fixed in OpenSSL...

Yes this really is a problem with OpenSSL. I will see if I can ping
someone from their mailing list or open a bug.

> Perhaps it is better to drop DER support (until this is fixed in
> OpenSSL...)

Or atleast add documentation in <curl.h> for the following properties,
that DER is not yet supported.

CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE
CURLOPT_SSLKEYTYPE

> Bye