HTTP authentication overhaul

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:52:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends

Luca Altea reported a bug with HTTP authentication that provided a real
challange: make libcurl deal with Basic for a proxy and Digest with the remote
host. I couldn't think of any sensible way of patching this in using the
current rather naive HTTP authentication code we have.

I'm working on a complete overhaul of the HTTP auth stuff.

Luckily, we have a quite good test suite for this and I will not commit
anything until all tests (including my local new test case that repeats Luca's
case) run fine in my end with the new code.