SSL and private key issue

From: Ripin Natani <ripinfs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:07:11 -0400

Hi,
    I am connecting to my server using ssl. I am using the certificate issued by the server. However, when I try to connect to the server, the libcurl at the client returns with an error saying that it could not find a private key. My application is such that I just need the certificate for authentication. Why do I need a private key ? And if really do need it how do I generate it ? If I dont need it, how do I turn "private-key option" OFF so that libcurl would not expect a private key ?
    Thanks,
    -Ripin.