[ curl-Bugs-934407 ] curl is looping with 99% CPU

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:17:42 -0700

Bugs item #934407, was opened at 2004-04-13 18:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=934407&group_id=976

Category: https
Group: hang

Initial Comment:
Dear curl developers,

This bugreport is only a heads-up, since I have not
been able to test with recent curl. The version I have
here is:

OS: Debian woody (kept up to date) with it's 2.4.18 kernel
curl 7.9.5 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.5 (OpenSSL
0.9.6c) (ipv6 enabled)
mediaboxx:~# uname -a

I'm seeing curl looping with 99%, every once in two
days worth of downloading. curl is downloading large
volumes of data (in the gigabytes) over ADSL lines
(~100KB/s) over HTTPS. It's typically sitting behind
some NAT-ing firewall.

I've seen the behaveour on two sites. I am reckoning,
that the bug is triggered when the NAT-firewall of the
curl side of the HTTPS connection gets its IP address
changed, due to ADSL-DHCP IP refreshes, but that is
only a guess though.

I have looked through the bugreports, changelog and cvs
but am not aware that the problem has been fixed. So if
the report doesn't ring a bell with you, you might just
as well ignore this bugreport and with a bit of luck
I'll be able to retest with the latest release.

Strace tells me, that the following is being repeated
in an endles loop:

getpid() = 13961
read(3, 0x8088670, 2665) = -1 EAGAIN
(Resource temporarily unavailable)
fcntl64(3, F_GETFL) = 0x802 (flags
O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK)
gettimeofday({1081821997, 47284}, NULL) = 0
gettimeofday({1081821997, 47318}, NULL) = 0