libcurl on windows ...

From: Ripin Natani <ripinfs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:26:49 -0400

Hi,
    I am new to curl, libcurl and curlpp. I am trying to install libcurl so that I can use curlpp binding and use SSL connections in my C++ project. I have tried using cygwin to build the libcurl library. However, that gave me some errors and thats probably why curlpp building is also failing. This is the error I am getting while compiling the source code (curl-7.11.1):

if /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -O2 -MT strtoofft.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/strtoofft.Tpo" -c -o st
then mv -f ".deps/strtoofft.Tpo" ".deps/strtoofft.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/strtoofft.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -O2 -MT strtoofft.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/strtoofft.Tpo -c strtoofft.c -DPIC -o libs/strtoofft.o
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -O2 -MT strtoofft.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/strtoofft.Tpo -c strtoofft.c -o strtoofft.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -o libcurl.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -no-undefined -version-info 2:2:0 file.lo timeval.lo base64.lo hostip.lo pro
lo escape.lo mprintf.lo telnet.lo netrc.lo getinfo.lo transfer.lo strequal.lo easy.lo security.lo krb4.lo memdebug.lo http_chunks.lo strtok.lo connect.lo llist.z

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lwinmm.
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libwinmm and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/w32api/libwinmm.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lz.
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libz and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/libz.dll.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error ?
Thanks,
-Ripin.