Re: Multi interface in Windows fails

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:21:54 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> No it doesn't, but using c-ares makes the multi interface better.
>
> This threaded name resolve clearly breaks the multi interface on windows
> without ares. I can't see how it can be easily solved without us creating a
> socket in/for the new thread that can be select()ed on.

Looking at it, it seems the transition to CURLM_STATE_WAITRESOLVE
is only entered after CURLM_STATE_CONNECT. So why can't
Curl_multi_ares_fdset() set conn->sock[FIRSTSOCKET] in *write_fd_set?
It should be != -1 and accepted by select() at that point, shouldn't it?

Tracing Curl_multi_ares_fdset() (running lib503), it doesn't seem to be the
case however (conn->sock[0] == -1). I fail to see why.

--gv