Re: libCurl + Multipart Post + Proxy (IPlanet)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:14:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it wrote:

(curl-library-bounces is not an adress you should mail.)

> My application does two MULTIPART POSTs.
> The first one sends a small amount of in memory bytes.
> The seconds one sends a file (500KB).
>
> The JAVA Application does exactly the same operations.

I doubt that.

> I've trapped the communication between my JAVA application and the server
> and the communication between my CPP application and my server with
> ETHEREAL.
>
> I've used the function 'FOLLOW TCP STREAM' to save the result. The get the
> whole communication of the JAVA version, I needed to follow 3 differents
> streams.

Now I get the feeling I'm about to start debugging your code/proxy.

These two traces clearly show that the "java.log" performs 4 POSTs anad the
"cpp.log" performs 2 POSTs.

For the two posts that are present in the cpp.log file, they look pretty
similar to the ones in the java.log. You could probably see this by yourself
as well.

I could see that the java version didn't use the Expect: 100-continue. Perhaps
that is confusing your proxy? Try doing the request without it and see if it
makes a difference.

I fail to see how libcurl is doing anything wrong here. Can you?