RE: compressed upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:42:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, David Byron wrote:

> I should have been more clear. I'm assuming that compressing multipart
> forms is harder than compressing other kinds of uploads.

I don't think so. Internally, the sending of a multipart is done by a provided
fread()-lookalike function that returns chunks of the data to the transfer
loop. If that loop gets the ability to send compressed data, it will send
multipart posts just as well as other data.

> So, I was asking if I could change the curl command line I was using so that
> adding compression would be easier.

--compressed takes no extra argument today, so you can't add one to it without
breaking old usage.

> But, I guess what I'm really looking for are pointers in the code so I know
> where the work needs to be done.

Add header magic to the sending request in lib/http.c. Get zlib compression
inspiration from content_encoding.c.