Re: NI_WITHSCOPEID (was Re: Debugging test cases) (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:16:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:

> > -#ifdef NI_WITHSCOPEID
> > +#ifdef HAVE_NI_WITHSCOPEID

> > I'm not sure this will work for everything, but with this change all tests
> > pass on Solaris 9 now.

Right, I'm currently trying variations on the configure teste to see if
there's _any_ platform among the autobuild ones that detect a working
NI_WITHSCOPEID. So far I've failed... I've wanted to see how other platforms
perform on this test before I change the code as you suggest, which indeed is
the correct fix.

> Also I just noticed that lib/config.h doesn't seem right
>
> /* Define if NI_SCOPEWITHID exists and works */
> /* #undef HAVE_NI_SCOPEWITHID */
>
> Shouldn't this be #define HAVE_NI_WITHSCOPEID rather than #undef?

configure will make that a '#define' line if the test detects that
"NI_WITHSCOPEID exists and works". It will be a "/* #undef */ if configure
doesn't find a existing and working one.

And yes, I had the name in the define confused and I've fixed it now. Your
patch was correct.