Re: Encryption in LibCurl?

From: Goetz Babin-Ebell <babin-ebell_at_trustcenter.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:26:38 +0200

Hello Dan,

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:42:13PM +0200, Goetz Babin-Ebell wrote:
>
>>Erik Berliner wrote:
>>
>>>It's a question not a statement. I'm trying to verify whether or not there
>>>is encryption technology in Libcurl and if so what is the nature of that
>>>encryption technology.
>>
>>If you build curl with OpenSSL,
>>it has, if not (AFAIK) not...
>>
>>And OpenSSL has strong encryption for protocols that use it
>>(https, ftps, ...?)
>
> And if you build with NTLM support, I believe it uses DES encryption to
> perform authentication. In any case, I would expect all the actual
> encryption code used is located in external libraries, not within the
> curl source tree.

But the actual encryption is AFAIK done in OpenSSL.

So if you build without OpenSSL, you won't have NTLM...
(Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but having DES implemented
  in OpenSSL and in another module used in curl would
  only bloat the library...)

Bye

Goetz

--
Goetz Babin-Ebell, software designer, TC TrustCenter AG
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany