Re: File tests in msys

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:55:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Andres Garcia wrote:

> For example, test 200 tries to get file:
>
> file://localhost//home/Administrador/curl/tests/log/test200.txt
>
> while it should be trying to get:
>
> file://localhost//c:/msys/1.0/home/Administrador/curl/tests/log/test200.txt

Aha. So you have a mingw version of pwd that returns the unix-style path only?

> One way to get prefix is to do:
>
> mount | grep "/usr " | cut -f 1 -d " " | sed s#\\#/#g

Ok. But since the test suite can run in just about in any path, not just in
/home or /usr, it needs to make something clever and probably scan for the
most suitable path in the mount output.

Can you show me what mount outputs in a typical mingw environment?

> But I don't know perl, so I don't know how to do that 'whatever'.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you give me an output, I'll provide a perl fix I believe in! ;-)