Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:12:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:

> Ok, here's my second try :-)

I approve of the idea and the concept. I have only a few minor nits on the
patch:

1. I'd rather see a new command line option than an environment variable for
   the command line tool (perhaps called --tcp-nodelay).

2. Instead of duplicating 5 lines of code, I'd prefer to have the actual code
   that do the setsockopt() call put into a separate function, and call
   that function from two places (the ipv4 code and the ipv6 code).

3. errno is not set on windows for network related stuff as one would think,
   use Curl_ourerrno() to get a portable errno. (used if the setsockopt() call
   returns failure)

Should we include some further details on what TCP_NODELAY actually does in
the curl_easy_setopt man page?