Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:34:46 -0500

Think your patch is a bit backwards.
>From MSDN:
TCP_NODELAY - Disables the Nagle algorithm for send coalescing.

So why does setting CURL_NAGLE turn TCP_NODELAY on? If Nagle is on, it means
TCP_NODELAY isn't. Same for CURLOPT_NAGLE. Setting CURLOPT_NAGLE = 1 should
not turn TCP_NODELAY on, it should turn it off. It seems confusing to me the
way you have it now...

Also, I would guess this probably needs some #ifdef'ing. Is this something
that every OS has? It seems to me putting it in a #ifdef TCP_NODELAY would
probably be the safest bet.

Dominick Meglio