authentication and cookie

From: Yoav Schreiber <yoavs_at_mercury.co.il>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:05:17 +0200

I'm using lib curl 7.11.

I'm trying to connect a web server that requires basic authentication. I'm
connecting it with the user and the password (curl_easy_setopt() with
CURLOPT_USERPWD).

The response I am getting from the server is error 401 with a set cookie in
the response header (although the user and password were set correctly).

So the connection fails and my application fails to proceed.

The Server expects me to resend the request with the cookie set (from
looking at IE / Mozilla communication, this behavior does work and the
Server response is valid - 200).

Is there any way I can overcome this with libcurl?

Thanks a lot

Yoav

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results