Re: IIS says: Bad Request (Invalid Verb)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:11:53 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Alan Pinstein wrote:

> I have tried this with a variety of libcurl versions, always with the same
> problem. To isolate the problem from my app code, I replicated the results
> with command-line curl... the EXACT request works perfectly with --basic,
> and simply switching it to --ntlm causes the above error.

Basic is rather... eh, basic, while NTLM is one mighty complicated way of
authencating. The risk of a bug is a lot higher in curl's NTLM code than in
the Basic code.

> I basically realize that this isn't a libcurl issue, but am hoping that
> someone else out there might be using libcurl for .net web services and have
> an idea for me.

Try this first:

On line lib/http_ntlm.c:80 there's an "#undef USE_NTRESPONSES", change that to
"#define USE_NTRESPONSES 1" and rebuild.

I can't say why that would make a difference, but we just got this bug
report[*] on passwords longer than 14 characters with NTLM where this define
helps and I think it could be worth a shot, it isn't that hard to try.

I guess you don't get many clues from the server logs either when this fails?

[*] =
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915609&group_id=976&atid=100976