Re: To all autobuilders..

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:08:26 -0600

Joe Halpin wrote:
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> I don't think this output is significant, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Your build http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20040313234331-4668
>> shows that "ltconfig" is missing which I think is weird since my
>> successful linux builds have no ltconfig and I can't find ltconfig
>> mentioned in the configure or ltmain.sh scripts.
>>
>> To me it looks like you have a problem with your libtool
>> installation. Can you run the configure script as included in a
>> daily snapshot on this platform?
>
> Ok, that works fine, with 100% success from test-full.
>
> I've checked the versions of the auto* tools here and they're the same
> as the ones on my solaris box. I installed some of them from ports and
> some I downloaded from the FSF web site and built myself. That may be
> causing some kind of weird problem so I'll reinstall all that stuff from
> ports and try it again.

Looks like the problem was that I never did install a new version of m4
because the one that comes with FreeBSD (/usr/bin/m4) is the correct
version. However, they must have customized it somehow which made it
incompatible with the curl distribution.

I built and installed a new m4 in /usr/local/bin (which is at the front
of my PATH, and things look fine now. You should see a build show up
there pretty soon.

Thanks

Joe