Re: To all autobuilders..

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:12:55 -0600

codemastr wrote:
>>Also is there a primer for autoconf/automake/libtool that will help me
>>get my head into them? I don't really have time to read all the manuals
>>on the FSF web site.
>
> The "Autobook" should tell you just about everything you'll need to know.
> http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

I've been going through this book, but I'm not understanding something.
There are two sections in the book that describe how to create the
libtool script. Neither one seems to be followed in the curl
distribution. One way is to add some stuff to configure.in but there is
no configure.in and curl-config.in doesn't have the required lines.

The other way is to add stuff to Makefile.am but I don't see that stuff
in Makefile.am either.

Where is ltconfig supposed to be generated? I think if I pin that down I
could maybe figure out what's going on.

Thanks

Joe