Re: Daily build failing for Solaris 9

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:10:03 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:
>
>>I've been trying to figure out why the Solaris 9 build is having problems,
>>but I don't understand the build output. Is there a document that explains
>>how to figure this out?
>
> Nope. What particular output is puzzling you?

Specifically, why it thinks it's in the wrong directory. It thinks it's
in a directory directly under root when it can't be. I've even had the
perl script print out what directory it was in (print `pwd`) and that
shows it's in a directory that doesn't exist.

It fails with

couldn't run curl! at ../../curl/tests/runtests.pl line 705.

If I have the script print out what directory it's in it says it's in
something like /build-nnnn which is apparently why it can't find
anything two directories up.

I can't figure out why it does this with Solaris 9 but not with anything
else I've seen.

Life is full of mysteries, I guess that's why it's interesting.

Joe