Re: Solaris 5.9 (intel)

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:23:32 -0600

Tor Arntsen wrote:
> /* This mail can be compiled :-)
>
> Joe,
>
> The errors in your solaris 5.9 (intel) autobuilds seem to all be related
> to ftp port w/ipv6, possibly this could be something similar to the aix
> problem that we already solved. At least it could be an idea to check
> out if getaddrinfo() works. Here's (slightly too big but it does the
> job) test program.
>
> cc -o getaddrinfo getaddrinfo.c
> ./getaddrinfo 127.0.0.1
>
> and check what it prints out. On AIX ai_socktype is always 0 (which
> is wrong).

I'm not very familiar with IPv6 so I was looking through Stevens just
now and realized that the hints struct isn't getting passed to
getaddrinfo. I modified the line

> if ((ret = getaddrinfo (argv[1], NULL, NULL, &res)) != 0)

to be

if ((ret = getaddrinfo (argv[1], NULL, &hints, &res)) != 0)

and I get more reasonable output

ok
res->ai_flags = 0
res->ai_family = 2