Re: file protocol does not capture metrics?

From: Jesse Noller <jnoller_at_archivas.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:49:57 -0500

> You're absolutely right, some necessary function calls is lacking in the
> file: department.
>
> Try the attached patch, it brings up a good progress meter for file://
> transfers for me.

Thanks a bunch Dan!

Ok, so I downloaded the daily snapshot (by default I am running 7.11.0)
and patched it, and make/make install'ed - it seems to work, but the
results are inconsistent, I just want to make sure I am not misreading:

[jnoller_at_jnoller dev]$ curl file://localhost/home/jnoller/foobar -w
"%{speed_download}\n\n"
I LIKE MONKEYS
1250.000

[jnoller_at_jnoller dev]$ curl file://localhost/home/jnoller/foobar -w
"%{speed_download}\n\n"
I LIKE MONKEYS
15.000

[jnoller_at_jnoller dev]$ curl file://localhost/home/jnoller/foobar -w
"%{speed_download}\n\n"
I LIKE MONKEYS
1250.000

[jnoller_at_jnoller dev]$

And so on.

Would it be possible to get a patch for 11.0 too?