RE: MSVC large file support (was removing winsock 2 dependence)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:29:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, David Byron wrote:

> 100 2815M 100 2815M 0 0 170k 0 4:41:52 4:41:52 0:00:00
> 0 951
> curl: (28) Transfer aborted due to timeout

> But the file is actually 2952241422 bytes long, which I think is the whole
> thing based on what I see from other --verbose runs.

Yes. I think this is just a bad case of wording in libcurl. The problem here
is that the FTP response reader timed out. Most likely you transfered this
file over a firewall/NAT or whatever that tracks connections and keep state
information. That info times out when a connection is idle for a certain time
(this transfer took 4 hours!).

So, when curl after 4 hours and 41 minutes wants to read the FTP response from
the control connection, it is dead and it reports this.

I'll change this message to "FTP response timeout" unless somone has a better
suggestion.