RE: removing winsock 2 dependence

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:15:11 -0800

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, David Byron wrote:

> Here's a patch to get curl in CVS to build with MSVC 7 and
> ENABLE_IPV6. The "real" patch to remove WinSock 2.0
> dependence where possible to follow.

Here's the real patch. I'm not sure whether you'd rather apply the small
patch I sent earlier and then this one, or have them in together. This
time, they're together. If a different format is easier, say the word.

It still requires WinSock 2.0 for IPV6. I don't know if this is really
necessary, but it should remove an area of concern, as this is how the
current cvs works.

With this, I can build a version of curl (w/o ENABLE_IPV6) that runs fine on
a Windows 95 machine that only has WinSock 1.1. This is my primary
motivation. I can build fine with ENABLE_IPV6 but don't have any way to
test it.

Thanks much for considering this.

-DB