Re: 64 bit support

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:18:33 +0100

On Mar 2, 16:19, "Maya Youlzari" wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need to know very urgent if libcurl 7.11.0 is 64bit compatible.
>When I ran - make in HP-UX B.11.11 9000/800 and got many errors

At least the current CVS version (which will become 7.11.1 at some
stage, as far as I understand) is 64bit compatible, I build and test
64-bit versions for AIX, IRIX, Tru64 and ia64 (Itanium) on a daily basis,
see the autobuild page at <http://curl.haxx.se/auto/>

For ia64 and Tru64 (Digital Unix) 64-bit both native cc and gcc-compiled
versions have been tested (for some reason I haven't got gcc-built 64-bit
versions to work for irix, only the native-compiled versions.)

Unfortunately I do not have any HP-UX 11 box or I would have set up an
autobuild for it. However, from my testing I would say that curl *should*
be 64bit clean. At least the CVS version (I didn't join the testing until
beginning of February so I wouldn't know about any earlier versions).

-Tor