feedback on the issue 12 patch?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:14:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi friends!

There is now only ONE single issue left in the TODO-RELEASE[1] document
waiting to get fixed before we can put together a new release. (If you know of
other issues, patches, fixes, bugs or whatever for the upcoming release,
please speak up.)

That issues is the one we call "issue 12" and has been reported numerous times
by people, and I believe I have gotten three or four different patches
offering different solutions.

I posted my patch[2] back on February 20, and I am still waiting for some kind
of feedback on this. Xiuping Hu responded and said it fixed one of his
problems but that it had a "timing problem" that he would get back to later.

If you have a way to repeat this problem on a server of yours and can't get
the time off to test this yourself, then I am interested in getting my hands
on such a server to run a few tests of mine. The servers I've tried to verify
my patch against have not been of the picky kind that "issue 12" was reported
to show problems on in the first place so they haven't been very good.

[1] = http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/TODO-RELEASE
[2] = http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-02/0271.html

I hope to release 7.11.1 before curl's 6th birthday, March 20th.