Daily build for FreeBSD

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:28:26 -0600

I'm still trying to debug the daily build problem for Solaris 9. I have
to keep redoing the build everytime I change anything, so during the
dead time I've been looking at doing the same thing on my FreeBSD 4.9 box.

There are some patches applied in the ports version. Are these planning
to be applied to the main tree as well?

Also, it's dying with

gcc -g -g -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wundef
-Wpointer-arith -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wmissing-declarations
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wsign-compare -o .libs/curl main.o hugehelp.o
urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o getpass.o homedir.o strtoofft.o
../lib/.libs/libcurl.so -lssl -lcrypto -lz -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
main.o: In function `getparameter':
/build-232/src/../../curl/src/main.c:1985: undefined reference to
`curl_getdate'*

The generation of getdate.c failed because of a syntax error in getdate.y:

cd ../../curl/lib && byacc -d getdate.y; mv -f y.tab.c getdate.c
byacc: e - line 217 of "getdate.y", syntax error
%pure_parser

I don't speak yacc so I don't know how to fix this. I'll try installing
flex and bison later and see if I can get configure to use them instead.

Joe