Re: CURLE_GOT_NOTHING on slow connections

From: Richard Bramante <rbramante_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:25:36 -0500

I've been looking at the methods documented at
http://cr.yp.to/docs/connect.html.

The three things I tried so far:

1) 0 byte send
2) 0 byte recv
3) getpeername

No success with these as they are all returning 0 for me on a not-connected
socket.

>From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
>To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
>Subject: Re: CURLE_GOT_NOTHING on slow connections
>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:57:54 -0600

>Does getpeername() work on Windows? If not, is there an online reference
>that tells what (if any) standard calls it does support? There are several
>ways of verifying a connection, the getpeername() approach I sent a while
>ago may or may not work there. If not, there's probably some "portable" way
>to do it (probably #ifdef :-)

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed