RE: building with MSVC

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:51:00 -0800

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, David Byron wrote:
>
> I have some nits on the approach of this patch.
>
> This patch assumes that you build from CVS when you use
> MSVC, which most people won't be doing. I think you should
> take greater care to work both off CVS and from release
> archives.

Ooops. You're absolutely right.

> For all unix-like systems, we have a 'buildconf' script that
> sets up the environment with scripts and stuff that is
> otherwise provided in the release archive (thus we use then
> when we build when using sources off CVS), and I would
> suggest a similar approach for building from CVS under
> windows as well (possibly called buildconf.bat or
> something).

Seems like we could either have buildconf.bat or we could remove
ca-bundle.h, getdate.c, and hugehelp.c from the release archives. Looks
like you generate the release archives from a 'configure'd tree so it's
easier to include them. If so, having a batch file is probably easier.
I'll write one.

-DB