Re: how many curl handles application can have at a time

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:31:01 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 jerry_at_oridus.com wrote:

> is there limit for number of curl handles application can have at a time?

No. At least libcurl doesn't impose any limits. Your operating system might
though. Since libcurl uses at least one (up to several) sockets, you might run
out of allowed number of sockets when use extreme amounts of handles.

> each handle is associated with one tcp/ip connection?

If you only do one single HTTP request, then yes. If you use FTP, then it uses
two. And if you use multiple requests, libcurl will keep the last N ones alive
in its connection cache, where N is default set to 5.