proxy support broke in 7.11.0?

From: Chris Silverberg <chris_at_silverberg.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:37:23 -0800

Hi folks,

I have a project that uses libcurl to access HTTP and HTTPS websites.
I had been previously using 7.10.8 which worked fine, but with 7.11.0,
proxy support appears to be non-functional. I setup a proxy via the
following:

        mResult = curl_easy_setopt(mCURL, CURLOPT_PROXY, mProxyServer);
        mResult = curl_easy_setopt(mCURL, CURLOPT_PROXYPORT, mProxyPort);

When I try to retrieve an HTTP or HTTP url, the retrieval works, but it
does not go through the proxy.... it's as if the settings are just
ignored. I noticed a user reporting perhaps a related problem on
curl-users. Can anyone confirm this problem?

curl 7.11.0 built on MacOS X 10.3 (Panther).

thanks,
Chris