RE: Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:44:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Xiuping Hu wrote:

> Basic Auth is doing same thing if I forward the credential like this. The
> header included two Authorization: Basic header, one id for the proxy ; and
> one is for the back-end, like this:

Is this really valid using HTTP 1.1?

> To make this work, I have changed curl dated Feb., 12, 2004, here is the
> patch:

I'll keep the patch and look at it closer later. I have some other work in the
pipe to fix first.

> This is not good to force the curl doing other auth message, but this can be
> stop the curl continually doing the reauth for this connection. I wil we
> have a interface that we can call to stop the curl sending these headers in
> some condition.

Your use case for this is certainly very strange, but if you can figure out an
interface and explain to us how it would work, then I promise I'll listen to
you.

> BTW, Do we have a time schedule for 11.1 release?

We do, the http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/TODO-RELEASE document includes some
rough dates and things to do.