RE: Connect-timeout on Win32

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:21:46 -0800

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> PS. Compiling src/main.c with MSVC6 is broken with the introduction
> of <strtoofft.h> because <winsock2.h> and <winsock.h> both gets
> included. (MingW have guards for this). We should perhaps use
> winsock2.h
> everywhere. Comments?

I would love for curl to not require winsock 2, at least for http. I need
to use it on some old flavors of Windows that don't have it installed. I
built an http-only version that doesn't seem to need winsock 2, but
unfortunately it didn't work. Yes, I need to dive in and figure out why.

So, it already feels like winsock 2 is required, but I'm hoping to make that
disappear.

-DB