Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Andrés García <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:42:47 +0100

> Hey, that's cool! We're getting closer! Any serious handholding besides the
> nroff stuff?

Not much, there was the timeGetTime function in libwinmm, but that
test failed because of a stupid error on my part, I have attached a
patch to make it work.

Apart from this and nroff, the only problem is that openssl is not
detected unless I use the 'with-ssl' option, even though it is
in the default '/usr/local/ssl', but that's not important.

> > Unfortunately, that 'curl' is the wrapper script made by libtool and it
> > doesn't seem to able to change it into the real 'curl.exe'
>
> That's usually fixed when you do 'make install' or if you ran configure
> with --disable-shared. It is a script for conveniance reasons so that
> running the newly compiled version is certain to use the newly compiled
> shared lib version too, and not one previously installed in the system.

The problem is that 'make install' fails because it can't find 'curl.exe', I
know nothing about libtool, so I don't understand what happens, the
output during the making is:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -o curl.exe
main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o getpass.o homedir.o
strtoofft.o ../lib/libcurl.la -lwinmm -lws2_32 -lz
mkdir .libs
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/curl.exe main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o
getpass.o homedir.o strtoofft.o -L/usr/local/lib ../lib/.libs/libcurl.dll.a
-lwinmm -lws2_32 -lz -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
creating curl.exe

But despite all those '-o curl.exe' it the wrapper script is called 'curl'.

Andres