RE: Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:09:03 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Xiuping Hu wrote:

> cURL support NTLM from 7.10.6. We currently use 7.10.8-1. The latest one is
> 7.11.x. Do you think 7.10.8-1 is good enough for NTLM support? Do we need to
> upgrade to 7.11.x?

7.11.0 is better than the previous versions. I can't tell you if that is
reason enough to upgrade for you. I would use 7.11.0.

> > (Note that when using PUT or POST, the current libcurl is not behaving
> > correctly if more than one type is set with CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH.)
>
> So that this mean CURLAUTH_ANY does not behave correctly?

For requests other than GET, correct.

> If I switch between CURLAUTH_NTLM or CURLAUTH_BASIC, the both can do the
> right thing?

They do.

> Currently, we use curl to do the basic auth forwarding, when we put the
> username:password in to the curl handler, we do base64encoding before send
> to it, does this necessary?

No, you read the docs and pass on data as it describes. When you use
authentication, you pass on the user name and password to libcurl. It will
then take care of whatever it needs to do to actually make that authentcation
method work. You won't even have to know what base64 is.

> Do we have any C API for curl book available? Could you please refer one to
> me?

There's no book, but all the man pages and pretty much documenation is
available online: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/