Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:10:54 +0100

"Andrés García" <fandom_at_retemail.es> said:

> Unfortunately, even though it now reaches the end of the
> configure script, many tests fail that could probably be made to
> work, so I have also attached the output of configuring since I
> don't know which tests are significant.
>
> Also, the compiling fails:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -I/usr/local/include -g -O2
> -MT url.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/url.Tpo -c url.c -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -DPIC -o
> url.o
> url.c: In function `CreateConnection':
> url.c:2970: `SIGALRM' undeclared (first use in this function)

You got the HAVE_SIGACTION defined. MingW doesn't have sigaction().
How did gcc get passed "struct sigaction "; MingW doesn't have that either.
Did the configure pick up stuff from CygWin perhaps? (assuming you have
that too).

BTW. I'm working on a patch to emulate the SIGALRM thingy on
MSVC/Watcom/MingW. But w/o a large rewrite of host2ip.c it could
be difficult since longjmp() can't be used on Win32. My idea is to do
the gethostbyname() in another thread and have Curl_resolve() wait
on that. How about that badger?

--gv