RE: linking errors on hpux

From: Jonathan Bourgeois <jbourgeois_at_Yantra.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:03:54 -0500

Thanks, that worked :).

-----Original Message-----
From: Shantonu Sen [mailto:ssen_at_apple.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:51 AM
To: curl-library_at_lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: linking errors on hpux

On Feb 4, 2004, at 7:51 AM, Jonathan Bourgeois wrote:
> gcc -I/home/test33/curl/include -L/home/test33/curl/lib -lcurl
> simple_test.c

Try
gcc -I/home/test33/curl/include -L/home/test33/curl/lib simple_test.c
-lcurl

Many non-GNU Unix linkers only access libraries in response to
unsatisfied symbols, in order of files on the link line. With your
version, at the time those symbols are referenced in simple_test.c,
there are no more libraries to be searched. In my version, libcurl is
available to satisfy the symbols.

You can also install GNU binutils, although I'm not sure how supported
that is no HP-UX

Shantonu