Re: Daily builds for AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:48:50 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I'm still honing my setup for daily builds for AIX 5
> (http://curl.haxx.se/auto/).

So I see, I'm following the logs and I'm fiddling around to improve things.
See below.

> I'm running xlc and gcc builds. But I messed up the gcc build slightly in
> that the report descriptor actually says "AIX 5100-02 xlc" instead of the
> correct "AIX 5100-02 gcc" string (for the 2004-02-03 09:28 build). I'll get
> that fixed up for tomorrow's autobuild.

I noticed. I was happy to see that both versions built fine.

> About the builds: There are some warnings in my gcc build that are not
> showing up in Daniel's Solaris and Linux gcc builds, even warnings on Curl
> files. The difference is possibly because of the gcc versions used. I'm
> using the IBM "official" gcc version from the AIX companion CD (aka "the
> Linux CD"), which is the slightly old 2.9 version. (I'll be using the IBM
> RPMs for these builds when possible. The IBM autoconf and automake are too
> old though, so those are self-built).

I noticed these warnings and I'm working on them. The ftp.c warning was indeed
correct, but it complained on code we don't use (yet). The mprintf.c warning
is trickier to fix though.

The hostip.c warning puzzles me. Do you understand why it complains on the
pack_hostent function?

> More about warnings: The autobuild Automatic Build Summary seems to miss
> warnings from the IBM xlc compiler, presumably the script looks for
> "warning" or something. I could have a look at that if the autobuild stuff
> is available in CVS (haven't looked yet). This could be an issue with IRIX
> MIPSPro compilers as well (my next setup), it's been a while but I recall
> having to update some xemacs lisp to recognize its warning- and error
> messages.

The web site autobuild stuff is in CVS, only a tad bit hard to find! ;-)

In the curl-www module's 'auto'-folder, there's the summarize.pl script that
produces the full "Build Summary" table and the showlog.cgi that displays a
single build's log.

I've already patched both of them to properly recognize and display the xlc
warning.