Re: Daily builds for AIX - possibly

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:42:39 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> > PWD
> < 257 "/nowhere/anywhere" is current directory
> * Entry path is '/nowhere/anywhere'
> curl: (30)
> * Closing connection #0

Hey, this is a clue we were looking for!

1. It returns back when it is supposed to send the 'PORT' command (next after
   the PWD).

2. It returns error code 30, with no error message. Error 30 is
   CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED. I could find three cases where this happens (it
   really should never be done, I mean with no error message). They are all in
   the ftp_use_port() function.

Try re-running the test case with a debugger. If you can use gdb, -g is easily
used like:

 $ ./runtests -g 101

It'll then fire up gdb and be ready to start.

If you don't have gdb, but use another debugger. Then edit the runtests.pl
script at around line 185 to make -g fire up that debugger instead.

Then set a break-point in ftp_use_port(), run the code and when you hit the
break-point you single-step forward until it returns error.