Daily builds for AIX - possibly

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:47:41 +0100

I'm about to set up daily builds of curl for AIX 5.1, for the curl autobuild
(ref. http://curl.haxx.se/auto/)

I first tried this some months ago, but experienced some strange problems
and didn't have time to follow it up. I have now set up my environment again,
with all the extras necessary (autoconf, ssl etc.)

However, several of the tests are failing, although I can verify that curl
is working correctly for e.g. 'FTP RETR PORT with CWD' by using the curl tool
manually against a standard ftp server. Ditto for some of the other "failing"
tests (I didn't check all of them).

Thus, I believe the problem must be in the test tools. However, I'm unable
to figure out why/what it is.

Summary from testcurl.sh:
TESTDONE: 152 tests out of 163 reported OK: 93%
TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 101 103 108 119 144 145 300 301 304 306 509
TESTDONE: 172 tests were considered.
TESTINFO: 9 tests were skipped due to these restraints:
TESTINFO: "curl lacks netrc_debug support" 5 times (130, 131, 132, 133, 134)
TESTINFO: "server problems" 4 times (400, 401, 402, 403)

Any clues anyone? Daniel, should I go ahead and start uploading these logs
to the curl-autocompile address anyway, or is there some obvious setup
problem that I could fix first?

-Tor