w3c hands over libwww to...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:52:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I think this might interest some of you reading this list. W3C is now
officially dropping maintainance of libwww[1]. It will however remain an open
source project.

An interesting read in this context is the summary[2] of their 'libwww survey'
[3] they've performed. It contains numerous references to curl and libcurl.

(I can only think of one major feature we lack in comparison to libwww, and
that's support for pipelning.)

[1] = http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/2004JanMar/0007.html
[2] = http://www.w3.org/2003/11/04-futlibwwwresults.html
[3] = http://www.w3.org/Library/Survey2