Re: strtoll patch

From: Dave Meyer <meyer_at_paracel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:41:28 -0800 (PST)

> > If we're lucky, the CVS version of libcurl offers large file support on
> > windows too! ;-)
>
> I'm ready to try it, but have no >2GB file to test with. I have
> a 1.2MBit DSL link, so if anybody knows of a suitable test file, give
> me a word.

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/FASTA/nt.gz

From a quick ftp command:

ftp> size nt.gz
213 2876516042

This was the one I was working on that caused trouble in the first place.
Do note that this server doesn't correctly support resumes (REST) for
offsets above 2 GB, no matter what curl does (or any other ftp client, as
far as I can tell), but offsets below that are ok. But that won't matter
if you actually download the entire file in one go. :)

Thanks,

Dave