Re: libcurl not sending QUIT to terminate control connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:28:03 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:

> Ok, I'll check for CURLE_OK from Curl_ftpsendf() before calling
> Curl_GetFTPResponse(). However, I still don't see what should be done if the
> second call returns an error. We still have to close our side of the
> connection, so we still have to call sclose() unconditionally anyway (or am
> I missing something again?).

No, you have nothing sensible to do, but I still like a good error code
propagated back properly and then you can ignore it at the topmost level (like
in Curl_ftp_disconnect), as it makes debugging this later easier, as you can
simply add a check of one return code instead of having to add return codes
all over.

It is just a matter of taste, really.

> > You need to give me some more info. What did you do to get an output file?
> > If you build a full curl tool with --enable-debug, you get a curl binary
> > that produces an output file (named 'memdump') if the environment variable
> > CURL_MEMDEBUG is set.
>
> Yes, I built it that way. I also stepped through it in a debugger to make
> sure that the initialization function was being called, but still don't see
> a file. I assume it goes in the current directory?

Yes, curl_memdebug() is called with a file name and that file is then created
in the current directory.