Re: Handling broken ftp REST over 2 GB

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:45:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Dave Meyer wrote:

> I've put together my first version (well, first public version) of a patch
> to handle ftp server REST inconsistencies.

Any news on this subject?

I'm starting to get a feeling that we should perhaps deal with this
differently, as we the whole idea is a bit kludgy and it won't work fine for
uploads.

Perhaps we should instead figure out a good way to detect this and return back
a clever error message somehow, and leave the application to re-attempt with a
different REST value? I realize this makes it less transparant to
applications, but this is all due to crappy servers, lack of support in the
FTP protocol to do this and a limited API in libcurl...

Anyway, would you mind if we postpone this REST issue to 7.11.1? It doesn't
mean that you need to do anything different, just that I will get one item
less to wait for/fix before 7.11.0 can be considered complete.