Re: How to stop a lengthy operation

From: Adrian Michel <michel_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:55:55 -0800

>> What is the "clean" way of disconnecting from the server during this
lengthy
>> operation, if for example I need to restart the thread (in case some
>> parameters have changed such as the list of symbols for which I need
quotes)
>> or I need to exit the application.

> Return an error from a callback: write, read or progress

But if there is no data being received, the callback doesn't get called, so
how do I stop it then? Also, I understand that the progress callback will be
removed in the future, so I don't want to count on it. A timeout is not very
good either, as I wouldn't want curl to disconnect while data is being
received.