Re: Patch to enhance max-filesize

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:27:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Craig Markwardt wrote:

> Here is a patch that builds on Dominick Meglio's --max-filesize patch from
> October. It implements a maximum file size even for those servers which
> don't report a file size in their HTTP header or FTP SIZE command. The idea
> is to prevent someone malicious or inadvertant from serving a huge file,
> which might ultimately deny net or disk resources.

I agree with Dominick about doubting the usefulness of this one. I don't see
the point with this additional functionality, as you could easily add this
check in your own write callback, should you need this functionality.

The spirit of the "max-filesize" approach is to deny downloading if the file
is too big, already before any data is actually transfered.

Or am I missing something?