Re: inactivity timeout on Win2k

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:18:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 RBramante_at_on.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, I do not seem to get callbacks at any regular interval. In
> the archives it says they are made every second if there is no transfer
> activity. I am seeing a delay of over 4 minutes before I get my first
> progress callback after pulling the network cable.

The select() in lib/transfer.c features a one second time-out.

If it times out, or if there is data to read/write, it calls Curl_readwrite().

In the end of the Curl_readwrite() function, it calls Curl_pgrsUpdate() which
handles the progress meter/callback.

I can't see why you experience these times. :-(