Re: BUFFERSIZE on read callbacks.

From: Wei Weng <wweng_at_kencast.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:22:26 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Wei Weng wrote:
>
> > CURL allows the use of CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE to fine-tune the buffer
> > size read by the write callback functions, is there similar options
> > for the read callbacks?
>

> It doesn't really make any sense to do this for the read callbacks,
> as then your application is in charge and you may fill in as much
> data you think is fine (only just never more than what fits in the
> buffer).

The read callback declaration is as read_callback(void* buffer, size_t
size, size_t nmemb, void* stream). Say, the application might pass me
size as 10000 bytes, and I have to return to it this much data when the
read callback exits. I can not set a limit on the amount of data
read_callback requests.

Thanks

Wei