thread safe use of openssl

From: jose chung <jchung_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:27:48 +0000

Based on my perusal of the CURL code, it doesn't seem like it uses
OpenSSL in a thread safe manner as it does not implement either the
static locking or dynamic locking callbacks.

Since I couldn't find it, and since I had problems using HTTPS in
CURL with multithreaded apps, I've implemented static and dynamic
locking for VMS, AIX, and Win32 into CURL.

I'm not certain if CURL has intentionally left this as an exercise
for the user, but if it hasn't, I'd be happy to contribute what I
have.

--
jose chung
jchung_at_sdf.lonestar.org