Re: libcurl not returning all data

From: Andrew Ingram <andrew_at_uk.clara.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:21:10 +0000

Just an further update, I added the same agent string that curl uses to
my libcurl program. No difference, still I'm missing some data. So that
eliminates the agent string. I'm concerned about the content length
difference, that doesn't sound too good at all.

Regards,
Andrew

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 17:35, Andrew Ingram wrote:
> Many thanks. I will do this and see what happens.
>
> I have done another test since. I have run both libcurl and curl command
> line with the verbose option set as you suggest. They are identical
> (apart from the missing data returned) except for:
> 1) user agent string - I'm assured that they dont insist on this but I
> will try with it later
> 2) Content-Length. Curl had this as 207 whereas my libcurl program had
> 162 - and it's the same file I'm sending. is there some kind of encoding
> that has to be done that command line curl does automatically?
> 3) content type boundary differs - as you'd expect
>
> And thats it! The only differences. The content length seems a bit fishy
> to me though. Does this give you any more clues?
>
> Regards,
> Andrew
>

> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 14:25, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Andrew Ingram wrote:
> >
> > > You mentioned in a previous email the command line program uses an agent
> > > string whilst libcurl does not. Can you point me towards an example of how I
> > > can do this?
> >
> > The man page:
> >
> > http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTUSERAGENT
> >
> > And how the curl tool sets the string:
> >
> > http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/src/main.c#L3071
> >
> > > Do you have any other ideas what it might be?
> >
> > Not really. Try setting VERBOSE in your program and use the command line's -v
> > option and compare how the requests are made to the site.

> Become an expert in LINUX or just sharpen your skills. Sign up for IBM's
> Free Linux Tutorials. Learn everything from the bash shell to sys admin.

Andrew Ingram
Claranet Ltd