Re: ftp download in text mode

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:06:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Rolf Jakob wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with the CURLOPT_TRANSFERTEXT and ftp downloads.

Allow me to quote the docs/TODO document:

 * FTP ASCII transfers do not follow RFC959. They don't convert the data
   accordingly.

... which basicly means that this is a known flaw that we should fix. (And it
actually concerns FTP ASCII transfers in both directions.)

No, there's no time schedule for when or if this will be fixed.

Yes, we would be very happy if you or someone else stepped forward and helped
us fix this!