PHP curLib

From: ed <ed_at_livingtoday.tv>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:02:33 -0500

Help!!! curl newbie in deep!!!

I am trying to emulate a http multipart form upload using libcurl in PHP.

Systems Parameters:
OS - Windows XP
Apache_2.0.47
PHP 4.3.0 dev
libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7b zlib/1.1.4

Code Sample:
$url = "http://design/uyoffice/test/testrcv.php";
$logo.gif = "logo.gif";
$sendvars['fname'] = "John";
$sendvars['lname'] = "Smith";
$sendvars['upfile'] = "@$logo";
$enc=array();
foreach($sendvars as $key=>$value)
$enc[]=urlencode($key)."=".urlencode($value);
$ch=curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_HEADER,0);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_VERBOSE,0);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,implode("&",$enc));
$result = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

Transfer results:
Variables "fname" and "lname" contain appropriate content,
but instead of a file transfer, I get "@logo.gif" in variable 'logo.gif'.

The transfer behaves as a form method get, not post.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ed Neilson
ed_at_epsit.net